The journal Trudy Instituta Matematiki i Mekhaniki UrO RAN publishes original papers of theoretical nature in modern areas of mathematics and mechanics.
Since the journal covers diverse subject matters within its scope, the Editorial Board recommends that the authors should give a problem statement and the definitions of the basic notions used in their study in the beginning of the manuscript. The new results should be clearly formulated in the form of mathematical statements. Their proof should also be provided. The proofs must not contain results from unpublished or accepted for publication papers. The journal does not accept methodological papers. Review articles ordered by the Editorial Board may be published. The volume of the manuscript generally should not exceed 16 pages in the format provided by the style of the journal (see below).
All manuscripts submitted to Trudy Instituta Matematiki i Mekhaniki UrO RAN are peer reviewed. The publication decision is the responsibility of the Editor-in-Chief and is based on the reviews.
Since 2000, some of the papers (chosen by the Editorial Board within the limit set by the publisher) have been translated into English and published by the International Academic Publishing Company MAIK Nauka/Interperiodica (Pleiades Publishing, Inc.) under the title ``Selected Articles from Trudy Instituta Matematiki i Mekhaniki UrO RAN'' as a supplement to Proceedings of the Steklov Institute of Mathematics.
The author submits an electronic copy of the paper (both TeX and pdf).
Each article submitted must be accompanied by:
- A scanned copy of a referral letter from the institution with which the author is affiliated in the following format: the institution does not object to the publication in open sources of research of the author (full name, job position, academic title). The letter must be sealed by the institution's official stamp.
- Information about the author: full name, institution, postal address, e-mail, and phone number. If the manuscript is accepted, the author signs a publishing agreement with the N. N. Krasovskii Institute of Mathematics and Mechanics of the Ural Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
The manuscript should satisfy the following requirements:
- The paper must contain NEW results presented in the form of theorems, assertions, propositions, etc.
- The text must be prepared in LATEX2e in accordance with the style, template and recommendations given at the web site.
- The paper should start with the title, names of the authors, abstract, and keywords. The abstract (at least 10--15 sentences) must be informative, original, and reflecting the content of the paper and results of the research. There should be no references to the bibliography or indexed formulas in the abstract.
- After the abstract the author should give Mathematics Subject Classification 2010 codes (from 1 to 5 variants) corresponding to the issues covered in the paper.
- The list of references should be ordered either alphabetically or in the order in which they are referred to in the paper.
- The inclusion of illustrations in a theoretical paper is acceptable in exceptional cases only and should be justified. The manuscripts containing illustrations are accepted for publication only after agreeing upon the technical details with the editorial office.
- The files of the manuscript (the TeX source and pdf version) should be sent to the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.